10/14/11

New Word A Day
We go to a Mexican restaurant.

I offer you some cajole, a taco and ketchup.

Why do you get mad and leave?
(answer below)
.






.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Cajole means to use flattery or deceit to persuade someone to do something. You are mad because I am only being nice to trick you.

It is pronounced: <ka-jol>

Not ... as you may have guessed: <ka-jol-lee>
 
 

You ask me to disencumber you from your cucumber.
What do I do with it.
(answer below)
..
...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
I eat it for you.  Disencumber means free from encumbrance...
... so I release you from the obligation of having to eat it.

Disencumber
v. t. To free from encumbrance, or from anything which clogs, impedes, or obstructs.
To unburden.




Get one word each day:
Subscribe to New Word A Day! Always FREE!

or...
Get more words each day:
Subscribe to Englishionary! Always FREE!
Email: Theenk@Englishionary.com
© 2011 Englishionary, E. Carruthers - free to share if you keep our link!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home